Employee engagement is crucial to maintaining a competitive business, and should be a strategic priority for all managers.
“Employee engagement is a workplace approach resulting in the right conditions for all members of an organisation to give of their best each day, committed to their organisation’s goals and values, motivated to contribute to organisational success, with an enhanced sense of their own well-being.” –Engage for Success
The bottom line: employees who are engaged in their work are actively and consciously bringing their best selves to the office. These employees are passionate, positive, and are willing to go the extra mile. They are more productive, passionate, and generally good for business.
Sounds great! But how can managers increase engagement?
One strategy is to offer perks and employee benefits that make employees feel appreciated, such as a wellness benefit.
Multiple studies show that a competitive benefits program, especially one that includes wellness, is important in maintaining job satisfaction and employee loyalty.
By the numbers:
- 56% of employees who are engaged with their wellness program are likely to stay at the company
- 50% will stay or become healthy thanks to a wellness program
- 45% are more productive in the office (Ernst & Young)
- 74% of businesses with holistic wellness programs report higher employee satisfaction. (Virgin Pulse)
- 62% of wellness program participants said it helped them lower their healthcare costs, 38% said it helped them take fewer sick days (HealthMine)
Designing a program for employee engagement
Incentfit’s platform can be customized to any goal or company culture, and allows employees to see how much they’re earning in real time. Talk to a specialist today to find a wellness program that’s right for you.
This article on Employee Engagement will give you further insights for the Post-Pandemic era.